I have been playing with the Maynard Community Band since 2002.
Every year the band plays several concerts:
- Summer concert series Wednesday night in Memorial Park, Maynard, MA
- Maynardfest in downtown Maynard, MA, midday on a Saturday in September
- Christmas pops concert on a Wednesday night before Christmas as Union Congregation Church, Maynard, MA
- A handful of other gigs at nursing homes, private events, and community activities
Rehearsals are on Wednesday nights, check the schedule of upcomingevents for exact times and places.
I like playing with the band because:
- I enjoy playing Trombone. I hadn't played since high school when I started with the Maynard Community Band and I'm very glad that I am playing again.
- The band welcomes a variety of musical skill levels. There are some students who are learning to play that come to band, but also some excellent musicians who are much better than I.
- I have played 1st, 2nd, and 3rd trombone books based on who is there, how good they are, and who wants to play what. The band plays hundreds of pieces and there is quite a variety of music.
- The folks in the band are now my good friends.