After replacing the TDS router with a Tomato powered device TV shows were no longer getting recorded properly on the TDS DVR. The behavior I was seeing was that recorded programs had no video (black screen) and played at an accelerated rate.
I wanted to add a second router to my home network such that:
- Devices that connect to it get put on the main LAN network
- No double NAT
- A single DHCP server doling out IP addresses
- The administration panels of all routers are accessible
I have had HTTPS enabled on my sites for sites for four years. Up until now I have have StartSSL for the certificates. I migrated from StartSSL to Lets Encrypt because StartSSL is having problems and Lets Encryt now offers free certificates.
When you log into an Ubuntu box on the command line, the first thing you see is the "message of the day" (motd). It may have something like this in it:
*** /dev/sda1 will be checked for errors at next reboot ***
which doesn't go away even after rebooting. Here is how to solve that problem.
I would really like a better DVD player for Christmas. Something with these features:
- Skip all the cruft and just play the movie.
- Remember your place in the last 20 DVDs you have watched.
- Automatically enable subtitles on every movie